Rules & Regulations
1. WEATHER: The decision to fish is solely the captain’s choice. If the tournament committee determines it is unsafe to fish and cannot reschedule the tournament, all prizes will still be presented by randomly selecting boat names at the awards party. Under such circumstances you must be present to win. No refunds or rain checks will be given.
2. Fish must be caught on rod and reel (not electric reels i.e. LP 1200). Kites, wire lines, downriggers, and planers are allowed. Live bait, dead bait, and artificial baits are permitted.
Live chumming is not permitted. There are no restrictions on line test.
3. Eastern fishing boundary is 25 nautical miles off the Florida coast. Bahamas are prohibited.
The Northern Boundary is Sebastian Inlet and the Southern Boundary is Halouver Inlet.
4. No limits to number of lines a boat may fish. State and federal recreational fishing rules regarding weight, size, and bag limits must be observed. A state Federal fishing license is required by law. Only legal sized fish will be weighed and no billfish will be weighed. NO MUTILATED FISH WILL BE WEIGHED.
5. Prizes are awarded to the heaviest three of each KDW (Kingfish, Dolphin, Wahoo) in KDW Tournament. Each boat is allowed to weigh (1) fish per category and prizes will be awarded to the winning registered angler. ONLY ONE PRIZE PER DIVISION PER BOAT.
6. KING OF THE KINGS: If you are entered in both the KDW and the King of the Kings Tournaments, any Kingfish weighed and tagged for King of the Kings Grand Prize CANNOT BE ENTERED/TRANSFERRED INTO THE KDW TOURNAMENT INCLUDING KDW CALCUTTA BUT CAN QUALIFY FOR ANY OF THE KING OF THE KINGS CALCUTTA.
ALL OTHER KINGFISH NOT WEIGHED/TAGGED IN KING OF THE KINGS GRAND PRIZE DIVISION CAN EITHER BE ENTERED IN THE KING OF THE KINGS CALCUTTAS OR KDW TOURNAMENT/CALCUTTAS BUT CANNOT BE ENTERED IN BOTH TOURNAMENTS.
WE DO THIS TO BE FAIR TO ALL ANGLERS.
7. Only one Jr. Angler and One Fishing Goddess can win per boat. Should a Jr. Angler or Fishing Goddess catch a winning prize fish in KDW, they will also win the Jr. Angler and Fishing Goddess Divisions and any KDW Calcutta if entered.
9. Channel 72 will be our primary channel on the VHF with Channel 82 as a backup.
9. LINES IN AT 6:30 A.M. and not before. Out of the inlet of your choice.
10. WEIGH IN STARTS AT 12 PM until 4 P.M. SHARP. YOU NEED TO BE STANDING IN THE WEIGH-IN LINE BY 4 P.M. OR YOUR CATCH WILL NOT QUALIFY.
FISH MUST BE BROUGHT FOR WEIGH IN BY BOAT ONLY.
11. The Weigh Master reserves the right to refuse any mutilated or suspicious ﬁsh.
12. Fish must be weighed in the presence of the weigh master and angler and recorded on an official weigh-in form. No fish or anglers can be transferred between boats. Keep your fish adequately iced.
13. KING OF THE KINGS TOURNAMENT : If you are bringing in a fish for this tournament you must keep your GPS recordings from that day. Should we ask to view your GPS recording and it has been deleted, your fish will be disqualified.
14. Time of weigh-in will break all ties. In the event of a tie at weigh-in, the first boat that checked in will win the award. The other fish will be eligible for the next lowest award category, if applicable.
15. Cash and prizes will be awarded to the person/entity that paid the entry fee from the winning boat, unless that said person signs a release designating another individual/entity to receive the cash or prize.
PRIZES: PLEASE KEEP IN MIND THAT ALL CASH PRIZES ARE PAID BY THE CHARITY. NOT PRIVATE INDIVIDUAL OR COMPANY. WE ASK THAT ALL ANGLERS BOTH WEEKEND WARRIORS AND PROFESSIONALS FOLLOW AN HONOR SYSTEM.
16. Any winners of over $600 will be required to fill out a W-9. Checks will be mailed to registrant or designated person within 2 to 4 weeks. If a category remains vacant (3rd Place Dolphin), that prize will not be awarded.
17. It is expressly understood that the permitting of fishing by tournament officials does not ensure the safety of registered anglers or any other occupants of their vessels. Captains, anglers and all other members of registered boats must determine in their own judgment whether to fish under the given conditions based on factors including but not limited to the seaworthiness of their boat sea conditions and weather forecast and their own seamanship.
THIS TOURNAMENT IS FOR ALL TO HAVE FUN & ENJOY! PLEASE REMEMBER SAFETY FIRST!
BY REGISTERING FOR THIS TOURNAMENT YOU ARE AGREEING THAT EACH CAPTAIN ACCEPTS FULL RESPONSIBILITY AND LIABILITY FOR THEIR CREW AND IT IS AT HIS OR HER DISCRETION TO FISH OR NOT. POSTPONEMENT OR RESCHEDULING OF THE TOURNAMENT DUE TO WEATHER IS UNLIKELY,
BUT MAY BE CONSIDERED IF NECESSARY. NO REFUNDS – KEEP IN MIND THIS IS FOR CHARITY.
PHOTOS MAY BE USED FOR SOCIAL MEDIA & PROMOTIONAL ITEMS. WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO DENY THE PARTICIPATION OF ANY PARTY.
Any protest concerning a rule violation must be submitted prior to the presentation of the awards. Protests must be submitted in writing to the Tournament Committee and accompanied by a $500 check that will be refunded if the protest is upheld by the Tournament Committee. All decisions made by the Tournament Committee are final and official.